Contact Data Miners
campaign benefits and modeling lift.
Proceedings, KDD'99,August 15-18, 1999, San Diego, CA, USA
Optimizing confidence of text classification through evolution of symbolic
B. Masand In: Advances in Genetic Programming, Ed. Kinnear, Kim, MIT Press
In his 15 years
of experience in applying intelligent technologies (e.g. neural networks,
decision trees, genetic algorithms, genetic programming) to solving business
problems, Brij has created innovative solutions in many verticals including
telecommunications, financial services, supply chain management, e-commerce
and intelligent text processing.
Example projects include:
Brij is regarded as an expert in the areas of text mining and web usage
mining and has authored several research articles on data mining in general.
He has two patents in the area of text mining and 3 more patent applications
in progress for intelligent agents in the area of financial services.
- Modeling and predicting cellular churn on a national basis for a major
wireless provider in more than 20 major markets
- Modeling repeat visitor behavior for an on-line yellow pages services
to identify demographic segments
- Building an intelligent agent for ranking news by relevance in real time
to reduce false alerts
- A system for detecting concepts and classifying news stories for a major
- Detecting interesting changes or deviations in customer data for a major
credit card company
- A machine learning based intelligent agent for financial services used
for comparing similar financial instruments.